Archives

Official: Medeama to take legal action against midfielder Michael Helegbe

Michael Helegbe

Michael Helegbe

Medeama have confirmed they will take legal action against midfielder Michael Helegbe who has reportedly signed a contract with Lebanese side Tripoli SC.

The 28-year-old signed the shocking deal last week despite being contracted to the Mauve and Yellows.

The club has issued an official statement to clarify the situation and say they will take legal action against the former Asante Kotoko midfielder for breach of contract.

“The attention of Medeama Sporting Club has been drawn to reports gaining currency in the local media that midfielder Michael Helegbe has signed a contract with Tripoli FC,”Medeama said in a statement issued on Tuesday.

“We would like to place on record that we did not sanction the move and are currently assessing the situation.

“Our lawyers have been duly informed about the latest situation and will take appropriate action against him.

“Helegbe is duly contracted to the club with a year left on his existing deal and has therefore come to us as a huge surprise over his decision to leave the club without our consent.

“We would like to assure our supporters that we ‘re on top of the situation and will take decisions that will inure to the benefit of the club.

Helegbe joined Medeama from Kotoko last season and played a part in their debut CAF Confederation Cup campaign this season.

READERS COMMENTS

  1. awass says:

    sort issues out wit helegbe n juz 4get about taking any legal action cuz he is also matured enough to know d nitty gritty of his contract wit u……..

  2. kofi hayford says:

    interesting times ahead……