By Patrick Akoto
Maxwell Konadu says he will not accept an offer to be made the permanent coach of Ghana’s Under-20 side.
The Asante Kotoko trainer was asked to take temporal charge of the team last week following the resignation of Orlando Wellignton.
But media reports have suddenly emerged that the Black Stars assistant coach could be asked to take the job on a permanent basis and guide the team to the qualifiers for the 2013 African Youth Championship in Algeria.
But he has flatly denied the reports insisting his mandate will end after the qualifiers against Uganda.
“Officials did not tell me that from the initial stages. Before I took up this job, they made it clear to me that I will only take charge of the first and return leg qualifier agains Uganda,” Konadu told Kumasi-based Fox FM
“By the time my work comes to an end, they (FA) would have found a substantive coach for the job,”
“They made that position explicility clear and so there is no question of staying on after the Uganda qualifiers,”
“We are working hard and looking forward to the first leg.”
The Black Satellites will battle their East African counterpart on the weekend of July 27-29 with the first leg taken place in Kampala.