By Ameenu Shardow, follow on Twitter @alooameenu
The Ghana FA is adamant it has no suspicions over the recent injury situation of midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng.
The Schalke missed Ghana’s massive 6-1 win over Egypt in the first leg of the 2014 World Cup playoffs last Tuesday due to an injury.
Boateng was reportedly having another bout of pains in his troublesome knee while with his club.
There are however brewing suspicions amongst several Ghanaian football fans that the 26-year-old is up to some antics as his commitment to the Black Stars remains in doubt after also missing last month’s win over Zambia.
But the Ghana FA says it has no cause to complain over Boateng’s recent absence as he proved beyound doubt he was genuinely injured for the game in Kumasi.
“We have no suspicions at all over his [Boateng] recent absence,” Ghana FA spokesman Ibrahim Sannie-Daara told Montie FM.
“Our medical team liaised with their counterparts and Schalke where it was proven beyound doubt that he indeed had suffered a genuine injury.
“And therefore even though we could have insisted on his arrival per the FIFA rules we decided otherwise as it saved us air fares and other logistical cost.
“So for us, there is nothing untoward and we believe the player remains committed to the national course.”
Boateng endures a love and hate relationship with many Ghanaian soccer fans following his infamous decision to quit the Black Stars in 2011.
He however renounced his premature retirement two months ago but is yet to make a playing return at international level.