Ghana U17 preliminary squad to be named on Tuesday

Paa Kwesi Fabin

Paa Kwesi Fabin

By Rahman Osman

Head coach Paa Kwesi Fabian will release a preliminary list of Ghana U17 players on Tuesday, 30 January to start preparations for the 2015 African U17 Championships.

Ghana missed out on 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup finals after failed to progress from the Group stage of the African championships held in Morocco.

The two-time world champions have been struggling since placing fourth at the 2007 World Cup finals in South Korea.

“The list will be announced on Tuesday,” Vice-president of the Black Starlets management committee Winfred Osei told Happy FM.

“Last year was not a good one for starlet and we have made certain changes to the team.”

Two years ago, Fabian had his plans scuttled after majority of players of his preliminary squad failed the mandatory MRI test.

“This year’s selection is done having in mind the MRI scan which cost us dearly last year,” Osei added.

“ Its clear our juvenile football is struggling but we have learnt from our mistakes”

READERS COMMENTS

  1. Francis says:

    Massa, it’s not just the MRI thing. Fabian is not up to the task! It’s a technical matter.

  2. isaac adjetey adjei says:

    i want to pary for ghana under 17.