The Ghana Football Association looks to have given up the chase on Mario Balotelli after the youngster was handed his first Italy call-up last week.
The Inter Milan forward could earn his first cap in Wednesday’s friendly against Ivory Coast in London.
The Italy-born Ghanaian has turned down several offers to play for the West African country and Ghana FA spokesperson Randy Abby says the curtains should be drawn on the matter.
“We are not giving up and we are not chasing. The first thing is that a player must be committed to play. It is the player who must be willing to play and you can take the necessary step to make it possible for him to play,” Abbey told Joy FM.
“But if the player has consistently told you that he is not interested, he feels Italian, what do you continue doing? That is my personal opinion,”