German coaching legend Ottmar Hitzfeld coming to Ghana
By Ameenu Shardow
Follow on Twitter @alooameenu
Switzerland coach Ottmar Hitzfeld is coming to Ghana to take part in a number of activities including the launch of a Ghanaian sports website AllSports.
The two-time UEFA Champions League winning coach is expected to arrive in Accra on March 31 and will depart on April 2.
The German trainer will be interacting with coaches and team managers of Ghanaian Premier League clubs during his three-day visit to Ghana.
He will also be making a donation at a grassroots football charity in Nima and will view a Champions League match with local football stars and the Ghanaian fans at the Silverbird Cinema.
Hitzfeld will however be the special guest for the main purpose of his visit to Ghana; the launch of Ghanaian sports website Allsports.com.gh.
The 65-yearold will then return to Europe to continue with his preparations of the Swiss national team for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil after making appearances at other outlined events during his three-day visit to Ghana.
Hitzfeld is most famous for his four consecutive Bundesliga triumph while with Bayern Munich and is largely credited for the transformation of Ghana defender Samuel Osei-Kuffour with whom he won the Champions League title with in 2001.
Below is the outlined program for the three-day visit of Ottmar Hitzfeld:
– An Interaction with Coaches and Team Managers of the Premier League Clubs in Ghana on Tuesday April 1, 2014
– Viewing the Champions League Match at the Silverbird cinema with sports fans, stars and dignitaries on Tuesday April 1, 2014
– The official Launch of AllSports.com.gh at the Polo Court on Wednesday April 2, 2014
– A donation at a grassroots Football Charity in Nima on Wednesday April 2, 2014
– A farewell cocktail at the Residence of the Swiss Ambassador on Wednesday April 2, 2014