Asante delays Stoke City trial to fight for AFCON place

Solomon Asante has delayed his Stoke City trial

Berekum Chelsea have decided to delay the Stoke City trial session for midfielder Solomon Asante in order not to jeopardize his chances of playing at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations. 

The 22-year-old was confirmed to attend a trial period of training from 15 November to 15 January 15 with a view to earning a playing contract.

But the club want him to focus on his performance in the Ghana Premier League to justify his inclusion in Kwesi Appiah’s final squad which will be released at the end of the month.

The former ASFA Yennenga player has been in contention for a place in Ghana’s final squad for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations since being cleared by FIFA to play for the Black Stars.

He previously featured for Burkina Faso in an international friendly but was eligible to play for his country of birth.

Asante made his debut as a second half substitute in 2-0 win over Malawi in the first leg of the 2013 Nations Cup qualifier in Accra.

Later that month, he made his full debut in a friendly match against Liberia.

Source: MTNfootball.com

READERS COMMENTS

  1. Kweku says:

    GSN u hv really released ma tension. STROKE CITY. 3YI DIARRHEA CITY

  2. GH FUO, THINK BIG!!! says:

    HE SUCKS. HE SHOULDNT BE SELECTED FOR AFCON ABEYIE AND EVEN AMPONG OF KOTOKO CAN PLAY THE SEVEN VERY WELL FOR GH AT AFCON 2013.

  3. Maxwell Johnson says:

    Sorry but there is no place for him in the AFCON squad. We need top notch players for the tourney not mediocre ones, he can go ahead with the trials cuz he is not going to make the final cut.