The Aflao Traditional Council has rescinded its decision not to allow the June 4th celebrations to take place in the area.
At a meeting on Saturday, the Chiefs said they will now allow the celebrations to go ahead but will not be part of it.
The Chiefs and People of the Aflao Traditional Area in a letter strongly rejected the use of the Aflao Township for the celebration of the 33rd anniversary of the June 4th uprising.
According to the Chiefs, allowing the June 4 celebrations to go on in the community will prevent the creation of the Aflao municipality and vital developmental projects which are before government for consideration.
But speaking to XYZ News, Togbe Pasaku IV, chief of Hatsukofe said most of the Chiefs were not part of the earlier decision and have decided to rescind it.
“When the letters were distributed to the media houses, some of us were not informed and some of the Chiefs did not know that such a decision was taken by the Council of Elders”.
“So we held a meeting today and have decided to address it. Some of us feel it is not the proper way that things should go. We are saying that so far as we are concerned the thing should come on but we are not to attend”.