Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari signs bumper AC Milan contract extension

Sulley Muntari

Sulley Muntari

Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari, who is playing for the Black Stars at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, has signed a one-year bumper contract extension at Italian giants AC Milan, GHANAsoccernet.com can exclusively reveal.

The 29-year-old, who was among Ghana’s excellent players in this week’s defeat to the United States, signed the deal while in camp with the Black Stars in Brazil.

According to the figures posted by La Gazzetta dello Sport in September, Muntari’s old contract was worth €1.5 million net per season but he will now earn about €2.5

The midfielder’s previous deal was scheduled to expire in June 2015 but he has been given another contract.

This leaves him at the club until June 2016 with a massive increment in his wages.

“AC Milan announces Sulley Muntari has signed a contract until June 30, 2016,” a statement from AC Milan read.

This shows that new Milan coach Filipo Inzaghi sees the Ghana international as a key man in his midfield for next season.

The 29-year-old could partner Nigel De Jong and Bryan Cristante as well as Andrea Poli for the upcoming campaign.

Muntari played 34 games and scored 6 goals in the 2013/2014 season and has scored 11 goals in 66 appearances for Milan.

He joined the Rossoneri in 2012 from Inter Milan played for English sides Portsmouth and Sunderland earlier in his career.

READERS COMMENTS

  1. kwamina says:

    Coach Appiah must go

  2. Boro says:

    But he let the first goal by allowing Dempsey to leave him.

  3. Good deal but he lift up his game at the Black Stars.

  4. Good deal but he should lift up his game at Black Stars.

  5. Believe says:

    good deal for Muntari..@Boro leave me him alone didnt you see what john boye did.

  6. isquared says:

    Rabiu was supposed to be DMR and Sulley DML in Ghana’s 4-4-2 formation against the US. So it appears it was Rabiu who was out of position and Sulley tried his best to make up ground on Dempsey. In any case, both Opare and Boye should have positioned themselves to force the US move to the outside instead. Bottomline is, it was an overall breakdown of Ghana’s defensive posture as multiple players were at fault on US’ 1st goal including even Atsu and Mensah.

  7. Di Carlo says:

    Good news,Muntari keepup the good work. We have to bring the Germans down.