2014 World Cup: Ghana FA rubbishes Rabiu Mohammed injury reports
The Ghana FA has rubbished reports in the local media that Mohammed Rabiu is injured insisting that the midfielder has been training fully with the Black Stars World Cup squad.
Wild rumours in the Ghanaian media claim that the Russia-based enforcer is unfit and faces the axe from the Black Stars final 23-man squad.
Some even went to the extent of claiming that coach Kwesi Appiah will overlook the hardworking midfielder in naming his 23-man squad because he is hiding injury.
However, the Ghana FA spokesman Ibrahim Sannie Daara says that the reports of Rabiu injury are wide off the mark insisting he is fully training with the Black Stars in Holland.
“Rabiu has been training with the squad fully since the Black Stars started their camping in Accra and has continued here in Holland with full fitness,” Daara told Asempa FM on Thursday from the Black Stars based in the Dutch town of Arnhem.
“He doesn’t have any injury problems at all and has not hidden any injury from the the technical team. He is fully fit with no injury.
“Rabiu is 100% fit so quickly disregard this report.
“In fact there is no injured player here in Arnhem. They are all fit and training very hard with all the seriousness the World Cup deserves.”
The Kuban Krasnodar midfielder underwent surgery in September last year but recovered to play the closing stages of the Russia Premier League.
Rabiu scored a goal in the last three matches and that convinced head coach Kwesi Appiah to include him in the provisional 26-man squad.
He was in action last week when the Black Stars defeated the Dream Team 6-1 in their sending off match at the Accra Sports Stadium.